Chicken Kale and Red Cabbage Soup
- 2-3 lbs precooked chicken breast, cut into bite sized chunks
- 8 cups (64 oz) approved chicken broth
- 2 large leeks, sliced thinly
- 4 celery stalks, chopped how you prefer
- 1 very small head red cabbage, chopped into small pieces
- 4 cups kale, chopped, include the stems
- 8 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 whole strings fresh rosemary
- 3 bay leaves
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, add all the broth and let warm up. Then add all ingredients except 2 cloves of garlic, leeks and kale.
- Sauté the leeks and 2 cloves garlic, then add to the pot.
- Cook on medium for about 20 minutes or until celery and cabbage are tender.
- Test the broth and add any additional spices you may want.
- Add the kale and cook for another 10 minutes or until tender.
- Remove bay leaves and rosemary and serve.