- 4 to 6 oz. thinly sliced or whole chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cloves raw garlic
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup chicken broth or water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Marinate chicken in lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Fry in a pan until lightly browned and cooked thoroughly.
- For the pesto sauce, puree fresh basil, garlic, chicken broth, and lemon juice in a food processor.
- Add pesto mixture to chicken, add a little water and cook on medium heat coating chicken with pesto mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
- Pesto sauce may be made by itself and added to vegetables or other protein options.
Phase 2 modifications:
Add ¼ cup pine nuts or walnuts and ¼ cup parmesan cheese to the food processor along with ¼ cup of olive oil. For a creamy pesto, add a little half and half and omit the lemon juice.