Tomato Cucumber Salad with Yogurt Sauce
- 2–3 large ripe tomatoes cut in wedges or 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 English cucumber, large diced
- 2 cups sliced romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Yogurt Sauce:
- ½ cup fresh yogurt (see if you can find a local brand that does not use stabilizers).
- 2–3 tablespoons fresh lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Salad: Wash everything well and cut into desired sizes. Toss together and either top with yogurt sauce or serve yogurt sauce on the side.
- Yogurt Sauce: Combine all ingredients and allow to sit for at least 30 minutes before serving, if possible.
Serving size: 4-6