1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
1 pound lean ground turkey or ground chicken
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups of cottage cheese
1/2 cup pico de gallo
1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
3 green onions, green parts chopped
- Cut zucchini into 1/4-inch slices using a mandoline slicer. Place slices in a colander, sprinkle with salt, and toss to coat. Let drain for 30 minutes. Place slices on a clean kitchen towel and pat dry.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a 12x18-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned, breaking meat up into small crumbles, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain and discard any accumulated liquid.
- Return skillet to low heat and stir in chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, salt, oregano, and black pepper. Keep warm.
- Place zucchini slices on the prepared baking pan in a single layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove zucchini from oven and top with chicken mixture and shredded Cheddar cheese. Return to the hot oven and bake until cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Top nachos with dollops of sour cream, pico de gallo, jalapeno, and green onions. Serve immediately.